Saturday, January 29, 2022

Super Rich Pound Cake



 




As you can see from the notation on this card, I got this one from the Yankee Kitchen in 1997 - that's 25 years ago! Now I didn't need to bake this cake today nor did I need to eat this cake today, but with a major blizzard going on and being trapped inside all day... what's a person to do? I had already cleaned out a closet, did some painting, took some photos... 



You should make this cake. When you do, email me at ykconnection@gmail.com and let me know how you liked it.




Super Rich Pound Cake

3 c. flour

3 c. sugar

3 sticks butter

8 oz. cream cheese

6 eggs

1/8 tsp. salt

1 1/4 tsp. vanilla


Cream butter, cream cheese & sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each until well-blended. Add vanilla, then add flour and salt. Pour into a well-greased and floured 10 cup tube pan. Bake at 300 F for 1 hr and 45 minutes. Test after 1 1/2 hours. 

Drizzle while warm with Grand Manier or other liqueur if desired.


No comments: