Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It's like carrot cake without the pieces!

Never in my life did I think that I would have fussy eaters!

Well, it's all my fault, I'm sure.

I gave in.

"It's a great life if you don't weaken," my mother would say.

Well, I weakened. I don't remember exactly when I weakened, or how I weakened, but, I'm certain that I weakened. If my little darlings didn't like what they were served, I suppose I gave in and served them mac'n cheese or cereal or whatever was easiest and made them happy. (And made me happy, too, since it kept the peace.) I have no idea what happened. It was over 15 years ago now and I have little grey matter left. Well, I do have some grey matter. It's in my hair.

This is a fall recipe. Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Since it's Easter, let's pretend that it's a spring dessert. Carrot cake without the pieces. Yeah. That's it!

It's really good!


Would you like some cake with that frosting?





Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 F. In large bowl, combine eggs, sugar & oil. Beat well. Add pumpkin & vanilla, blend until smooth. Combine dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture & mix until well blended. Pour into ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes until tests done. Frost when cake is cool.



1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 to 2 cups of powdered sugar

In mixer bowl, combine cream cheese, butter and vanilla until well-blended. Add sugar gradually until it's the sweetness and consistency that you prefer. Spread on cooled cake.

No comments: