Saturday, June 16, 2012

Auntie Mimo's Recipes


Thanks to the efforts of Arlene, we have more of Auntie Mimo's recipes that were popular back in the 70's.

It took a rainy day to get Arlene to go through 50 years of recipes to find this Auntie Mimo favorite!

Here is the long-awaited Spaghetti Sauce recipe that we've been searching for.








Hearing about Arlene going through her recipes opened the door to a flood of memories.







I remember sitting with my mother, listening to the Yankee Kitchen, and helping her write down recipes on index cards.  My mother's filing system consisted of cardboard boxes filled with recipes.  But, when she was determined to find that one recipe, she'd find it! 


Auntie Mimo's main dishes, and others like it from the Yankee Kitchen, are just the kind of meals I grew up with. 









My mother definitely would have made this Spaghetti Sauce on Wednesday, because, as you know, Wednesday is Prince Spaghetti Day! 


Here's another of Arlene's finds: Auntie Mimo's recipe called Very Quick Beef Skillet that is certainly "comfort food".


  







Happy Cooking and
 Happy Memories!







Oh, and one more thing ...


Never, ever give up!


Anita

2 comments:

Fran@fransfavs.com said...

I am a foodie from Boston and grew up cutting out Auntie Mimo's recipes. I can't remember now if I cut them out from the Boston Herald, Record American or Boston Globe! I still have yellowed newspaper clippings of several of Auntie Mimo's recipes including her Cheesecake Elegante which I have posted on my own blog. Every recipe of hers was a keeper. Seeing her name mentioned on your blog brought back such memories!

Anita said...

So nice to hear from you! That Auntie Mimo was a big favorite, that's for sure. I enjoy your blog Fransfavs.com

Keep up the good work!