Tuesday, February 21, 2012

If I knew you were coming, I'd have baked a cake


Pardon my absence from the kitchen.
Once again, my mother was right!

"Mama, when I grow up, I'm going to make fudge all the time!" 
"Well," Mama said, "You might THINK you will, but you won't."

Yes, I've been busy with many things and NONE of them have involved testing for the soft-ball stage!  :)
Those mothers.  Right once again!


I received some very nice correspondence from a few Yankee Kitchen listeners.  THANK YOU!

Terry - who was so kind to share some of her mother's precious YK memorabilia with me.
- Gen - who reminded me of the get-togethers Gus's gals had.  I certainly remember them calling in to Gus laughing and saying who was at their "coffee klatches".  
- Stacia - yes, Stacia, of Stacia's Banana Bread fame!  I can't tell you how many times I've made that one!  A great recipe that was shared time and time again on the Yankee Kitchen and one I will post as soon as I dig it out of my files.  I know exactly what it looks like - It's on yellow lined paper, has stains on it, and the words "THE BEST!" written across the top!  It was so nice of her son to connect with me and reminisce about the tape recorder days.



I want to put a shout out for a couple of recipes that were requested by Leslie.  Does anyone have these two favorites?  I'll see if I can find them myself.
1.  Apricot Crumble type of cookie bar.
2.  Cornbread made using a "secret" ingredient-allspice?.  The cornbread also had sugar in it.  
If you've got either of these, please contact me and I'll post them. I'll make sure that Leslie sees them.
Keep those virtual cards and letters coming!

No comments: