Friday, January 22, 2021

Do you ever get on food kicks?

Do you ever get a hankering - a craving for something - and eat it over and over again?

Last summer I couldn't get enough of this:


An everything bagel, toasted

with cream cheese

fresh basil

and sliced tomatoes

with everything bagel seasoning on top




I ate if for breakfast. I ate it for lunch.



This lasted for a few months until the end of summer when the basil died out. Then I ate it without the basil. 😃


If you're not familiar with everything bagel seasoning, or, as it's sometimes called, "everything seasoning", it's a mixture of spices and such that you find on everything bagels.


 


This particular brand by Stonemill contains sesame seeds, sea salt, minced garlic, minced onion, black sesame seeds, and poppy seeds. I bought three containers of it at Aldi's.

If you have a plain bagel, this stuff turns it into an everything bagel. Et voila! 



This was my most recent obsession. 

And it all started at Anna's - 

"Greek inspired fare in the Heart of Plymouth's Historic Waterfront"




I ordered the Chicken Santorini - made with chicken, oddly enough, rigatoni, spinach, roasted peppers, Kalamata olives, feta and asiago cheese, garlic and white wine. 

HELLO!

I ordered a wine called assyrtiko from Santorini, Greece. Similar to a sauvignon blanc - the assyrtiko was fresh and lively and awesome - and, of course, the perfect pairing with the chicken dish. YUM! 

You know where I'm going with this. I wanted to relive that taste sensation. I made a dish at home with what I had on hand - chicken, pasta, brocolli, olives, feta, garlic, white wine, and parsley.

Don't get me wrong. This is way different from Anna's dish, but it helped me cope with my withdrawal from Anna's taste sensation.

I cooked up some pasta and set it aside.

I sliced up some pieces of chicken breast (not too thin) and sprinkled with some garlic powder. I put the chicken in the pan with a couple tablespoons of butter and some olive oil. I sauteed the chicken a bit, then added some chicken stock (I used chicken bouillion with a cup or so of water), added some white wine and also a little red because I didn't have much white, mixed a little flour with some water, put that in, and covered the pan and let it cook. When the chicken was done, I added some chopped feta and fresh parsley. I zapped some brocolli in the microwave with a little water. Drained it. And ate it. 

I ate it again the next day. When the chicken dish was gone, I just ate the leftover pasta with some brocolli, butter, feta cheese and parsley. When the brocolli was gone, I ate the pasta with some butter and some more feta cheese and parsley. 

That was my latest food kick. 

How about you? Any food obsessions?


No comments: